Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents can apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, which is valid for up to 10 years. This “super visa” will allow you to visit Canada for up to two years at a time without having to renew your status.
Our Ottawa immigration lawyers at Gerami Law PC are familiar with all the requirements for this visa category to prepare your super visa application accurately and efficiently.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be allowed to enter Canada; and
- meet certain other conditions.
Visa officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit.
A visa officer will look at the following:
- your ties to your home country;
- the purpose of your visit;
- your family and finances;
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country; and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
As part of your application, you must also:
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold;
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support;
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
- have an immigration medical exam.
For more information on the Super Visa, please contact one of Gerami Law PC’s immigration and refugee lawyers.